Zoom Host and Co-Host Controls in a Meeting
Host controls allow you as the host to control various aspects of the Zoom Meeting such as managing the participants, recording the meeting, make another participant a co-host, end meeting etc.
The co-host feature allows the host to share hosting privileges with another user, allowing the co-host to manage the administrative side of the meeting, such as managing participants or starting/stopping the recording. The host must assign a co-host. There is no limitation on the number of co-hosts you can have in a meeting or webinar.
Co-hosts do not have access to the following controls as they are only available as host controls in a meeting:
- Start meeting
- Start closed captioning and assign someone or a third-party to provide closed captioning
- Start live streaming
- End meeting for all participants
- Make another participant a co-host
- Start breakout rooms or move participants from one breakout room to another
- Start waiting room (co-hosts can place participants in waiting room or admit/remove participants from the waiting room)
To enable Co-host feature Sign into Zoom web portal. Then go to Settings menu on the left pane. Then find the Co-host option in the Meeting tab and turn on the toggle button.
To appoint a co-host select the participant from participant list and click on drop down menu and select the option Make Co-Host.
Below are the available host controls for the Zoom.
- Mute/Unmute: This allows you to mute or unmute your microphone.
◦ Audio Controls (click ^ next to Mute/Unmute): The audio controls allow you to change the microphone and speaker that Zoom is currently using on your computer, leave computer audio, and access the full audio options in the Zoom settings.
- Start/Stop Video: This allows you to start or stop your own video.
◦ Video controls (click ^ next to Start/Stop Video): If you have multiple cameras on your computer, you can select which Zoom is using, access the full video controls, and select a Virtual Background.
- Security: Access in-meeting security options.
- Manage Participants: Opens the Participants window.
- Polling: Allows you to create, edit, and launch your polls. The options to create or launch polls will open up the Zoom web portal in your default browser.
- Share Screen: Start sharing your screen. You will be able to select the desktop or application you want to share.
- Screen Share controls (click ^ next to Share Screen and select advanced sharing options): Select who can share in your meeting and if you want only the host or any participant to be able to start a new share when someone is sharing.
- Chat: Access the chat window to chat with the participants.
- Record: Start or stop a cloud or local recording.
- Closed Caption (only available to the host): If you have enabled closed captioning for your account, click here to access the closed caption options.
- Breakout Rooms (only available to the host): Start breakout rooms.
- More: Clicking on More will give you access to additional options.
- Live on Workplace by Facebook: Broadcast your meeting live on Workplace by Facebook.
- Live on Custom Live Streaming Service: Broadcast your meeting live on a custom streaming platform.
- End Meeting (only available to the host): This will end the meeting for all participants. If you want to have the meeting continue, you should give another participant host control before leaving the meeting.